Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Day for the Books

*SCREAMMMMMMMMM* I would feel much better if that had been a real scream.

My morning started off decently. Other than the cookie in my coffee, of course. But, really, I got our breakfast made, had my coffee, checked my sites online, then got ready. Then, the bad luck started...

My grandma was supposed to be here at 9:45 to watch Cami while I went to my dr visit. I waited around until the last minute, thinking she was just running late, but then I finally called her. "Helloo?" she sleepily answered. "OMG! Are you not on your way yet?" I frantically shouted. "Huh..oh goodness, it's Wedneday isn't it?" she replied. UM YES!!!!!! Grrr! I was so angry, but whatever.. that'll just put me 20 minutes behind. I hurriedly got Cami dressed, hair fixed, teeth brushed, etc.. and we ran out the door. I called my mom on the way to see if she could take her lunch early and come with me to entertain Cami. She could, thank goodness. I head out to pick her up at work and I hit every single red light in town!!!! NO LIE!

We finally pull up to the Dr's office and i'm only like 3 minutes late. Whew! I was so relieved. But then I wait and wait and wait for 45 minutes to even go back! Then I pee in the cup and wait 20 more minutes for the nurse to see me. FINALLY, she calls me to get weighed and b.p. taken. I gained 8LBS in 4 weeks!!!!!!! HOLY business..what happened to me??? That is now +18lbs for this entire pregnancy. :*( I literally almost cried. I have no been eating badly, or even that often, but I am hungry more lately and I haven't been walking at the park because it has been 100degrees, so perhaps that's why the drastic increase.

Anyway, I get back to the room and wait another 30 mins on the dang doctor!! What the crap? I was seriously angry. My mom only has an hour for her lunch and that was already passed 20 minutes before. He walks in with a big cheesey smile and asks if everything is going okay, etc.. Never once appolagizing for the wait. Argh!! My stomach was growling so loud by this point and I was dizzy so badly that I could have passed out. WHATEVER! I just wanted to be out of there.

Edited to add: The first thing the dr said when he walked in was "Wow you are actually looking pregnant now." (with his cheesey grin) WTH? That was after I found out I gained 8lbs mind you.. He did add though that he wasn't worried ab my weight at all. That I look great to him etc.. so that was nice, I guess..

We went to Subway after we left because neither of us could handle the hunger and there were 10 people in line ahead of us. Sheesh, what is with this day? Then mom got up there to pay and they said her Debit wouldn't go through. They like shouted it and made it sound like she dind't have any money in her acct. There was prob 15 ppl in line behind us by this time. It was ridiculous!!! At last we figured it out and left, shoving food in our mouth the entire way back to her work. I'm EXHAUSTED..

6 comments:

Mindy,  July 23, 2008 at 2:10 PM  

I had a doctor's visit like yours in the early part of my pregnancy and I was so annoyed by the end of it that I was ready to find a different doctor! I'm glad I didn't, but doctors need to respect OUR time too--we keep appts with them and they should do the same for us!

Subway sounds soo good!

Mindy
www.barrenbride.wordpress.com

Steph,  July 23, 2008 at 3:52 PM  

So sorry you had such a rough day today. Dr's are so infuritating when they run behind schedule, which seems to happen more often than not.

Lindsay,  July 23, 2008 at 4:20 PM  

Yuk - days like that are so much worse when it's (1) hot, (2) pregnant, (3) with a 2 year old. Poor girl with all 3!

c o u r t n e y,  July 23, 2008 at 7:07 PM  

18 lbs is nothing! You look great and you probably just had a big jump this month and that'll be the only one you have for the rest of the pregnany. I'm surprised your BP wasn't sky-rocketing after that hellish morning! Hope tomorrow is a different story for ya. :-)

Christine,  July 23, 2008 at 9:24 PM  

Oy! Not a day you want to repeat. I hope your evening is going better.

Karissa,  July 24, 2008 at 9:41 AM  

Kaycee, I had a big weight gain of 9 pounds between my 22nd and 26th week appointments. And at least one of my friends had an 11 pound gain during that time frame of her pregnancy. Perhaps this big gain will be the only one and everything else from here on out is slow and steady. Sorry for the rest of the suck day though; sometimes it just seems like everything is culminating to ruin your day!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP