Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"Shake yo booty" or "Check yo booty"

Oh this is embarassing! I try my best to only say good, toddler safe things around Cami and we only let her watch PBS Kids, Disney movies, etc.. She does, however, listen to the radio with me.

The other day we were sitting downstairs and she started smiling really big and said "...yo booty" I couldn't understand the first part, but it sure sounded like "Shake" The only other thing it could have been is "Check" because when I change her diaper I say "Let's check or change your booty." I've said that every single time since I can remember, so i'm holding hope that that is what she is saying. LOL!

I'm constantly telling Chris to turn off "The Family Guy", "The Simpsons", etc.. stupid shows like that because I don't want her watching or listening to them, so if she heard "Shake yo booty" from one of my songs he won't let me live it down!!

4 comments:

Christine,  July 23, 2008 at 11:44 AM  

I know that's not what you want to hear her say but I can just picture her cute little self saying that. :D Those 2 cartoons are off limits in my house too because of what I'm afraid the kids will pick up. They even remind me to turn the channel if it comes on while I'm doing dishes or something. They're the "bad" cartoons. LOL.

JenFen,  July 23, 2008 at 9:13 PM  

OMG - I always have to get on Joe about Family Guy. The kids see it and start paying more attention to it b/c it is a cartoon but it is so obviously not kid friendly. When it comes on they even yell, "FAMILY GUY" and Jake can sing part of the opening song. Why don't guys get it?

And I don't know, I personally don't think saying shake your booty is really all that bad. It's kinda cute.

Anonymous,  July 23, 2008 at 9:55 PM  

That's too funny! I'm sure not to you, but to us it is.

Jennifer Terrero,  July 24, 2008 at 9:59 AM  

HAHA!!! How cute! I could imagine your face when she said it but she's just so cute! I'm with you on the grown up cartoons... Carlos LOVES them! Men! ;)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP