Monday, July 21, 2008

I'm ready to share with you my "Special Project" for my Special Girl :)

So with all of the hoopla surrounding Carrah's room, Chris and I felt bad for Cami. I know she doesn't completely grasp the idea, but she didn't understand why everyone wanted to see "baby's woom" and not "cami's woom." After debating for a while, we decided we would do something special in her room. I've been working on it for hours and hours since Thursday. You wouldn't think stripes would take so long, but man did they ever! I'm so excited with the final turn out and to see Cami's reaction was even better. She was soooooo happy and surprised!!

Here is the left wall.

The right side of bed and back of right wall. I couldn't get a good shot of the bed straight on because of the light coming through the blinds. It turned out really dark.

I'm going to add a big framed b&w picture of Cami between the 2 shelves and then some stuff on the shelves as well.
Zoomed out version as good as I could get it.Just her closet.
First time seeing it. She ran it and spun around looking, then jumped on the bed.
(oh and btw: sorry she is a mess! haha, that's what happens when i'm working on the room all day) Pointing at it all saying "See! See! Cami's woom..yay!" LOL, I was so thrilled!

18 comments:

Janet,  July 21, 2008 at 3:46 PM  

I love it!! I just told Kade to come over and look at Cami's new room, and he came over and gasped and said, "Oh, Cami!!" Lol! It was soo cute!

Anonymous,  July 21, 2008 at 3:55 PM  

It's gorgeous.. you did a great job and she really seems to love it.. so cute! :)

Anonymous,  July 21, 2008 at 4:01 PM  

OMG!!! I totally love this! Zoey has the SAME bedding set, but her room doesn't look nearly as cool as Cami's. :( She has plain white walls and white carpet. I think you may have inspired me to do something fun in there! Hehehe...the hubby is going to LOVE that!

BTW, Zoey saw the pictures of Cami and thought it was her cousin Naomi and when I told her it was Cami, she started waving and saying, "Hi Cami!" How cute!

Fullerton Family,  July 21, 2008 at 4:08 PM  

Your hard work payed off, it looks great!! I love that Cami loved it so much! That's adorable!!

Heidi O,  July 21, 2008 at 5:52 PM  

The room looks fantastic! I bet she loves it.

Maria,  July 21, 2008 at 7:23 PM  

Holy Stripes Batman! that is the most awesome paint job ever! Want to come visit and do the girl's rooms? You are amazing!

Kelly,  July 21, 2008 at 7:24 PM  

Awww!! It looks great!!! Such a big girl room!!

Erin,  July 21, 2008 at 7:43 PM  

That is adorable! I wish i was creative like that! I'm glad Cami loved it!

Christine,  July 21, 2008 at 8:37 PM  

You did an AWESOME job Kaycee. Emily is sitting here with me and as soon as the pic popped up she said "oh, a big girl's room. That bed has polka dots". Cami's room is so pretty.

pinupmomma,  July 21, 2008 at 9:29 PM  

omg u did a great job! i love it.

Karen,  July 21, 2008 at 10:31 PM  

Her room looks awesome!! I especially love her bedding set....it goes perfectly with the walls. Good job!

Joanna,  July 22, 2008 at 5:48 AM  

You did a really good job. It looks great. Stripes can be tricky, but you nailed it.

I think it's really thouhtful of you to keep Cami in mind after you spent so much time on the baby's room.

Mama Mia,  July 22, 2008 at 8:24 AM  

It looks great, and what a great idea for Miss Priss!

Lainey-Paney,  July 22, 2008 at 9:41 AM  

way to go!

And yes, stripes take FOREVER!

Gage's nursery is striped...and I'm fairly certain I'll never paint stripes again! It was sooooooooo much work!

Steph,  July 22, 2008 at 9:51 AM  

Love it- you did such a great job! And, so nice to do that for Cami the big sis to be!

Deanna,  July 22, 2008 at 1:51 PM  

That's absolutely adorable!!! You did a wonderful job and how special for her!

JenFen,  July 22, 2008 at 6:03 PM  

It looks really great, really completes the room. It makes me want to update Jadyn's room SO BADLY! And it brings back memories b/c we redid Jake's room when we put together Jadyn's nursery so he would not feel left out and so he knew he was becoming such a big boy and a big brother. Hehe! Cami is going to be such a doting big sis.

It's a Fantastic Life,  August 28, 2008 at 12:26 PM  

Wow! I am extremely impressed!!! Her room is PERFECT for a little girl (it will also be great when she is a teenager!). Awesome job with the painting of the stripes. Was it hard to do? Did the paint bleed where you taped it?

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP