Sunday, July 20, 2008

My dad drives me INSANEEEEEEE!

Okay, so I was raised by my dad from the time I was 5-16, for those of you who didn't know, and though i've always been extremely close to him, he gets on my last nerve! I can only take him in small doses. For these reasons mainly

He...

  • still thinks and treats me as if I am 10 years old.
  • is extremely opinionated and will outright tell you "it's my way or the highway."
  • doesn't remember what it was like to parent a baby/toddler. My mom did everything for me until I was 5! Apparently he forgets that bit.

Examples: When he is at my house, he has me so tense and stressed out that I literally feel exhausted.

He's like..

  • "Kaycee, she's going to fall down those stairs" (the same stairs that she walks every single day and night!!)
  • "She just put that WHOLE cheeto in her mouth!"
  • "Why is she crying? She sounds like she get stung."(this was said while we were inside the house)
  • "You need to get her in a daycare! She is way to clingy to you!!"
  • "Why is she so scared of things? She's gonig to have to get over that!"
  • "What are you going to do when she goes to PreK and Kindergarten? She is so wild!"

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I'm losing my patience with him. Just let me be! He tells me ALL the time how great of a mom I am. He brags to all of his friends etc.. that I have really stepped up to the plate and take care of her better than he ever imagined, so WHY can't he act like it around me?? GRR sorry just a vent!

7 comments:

Mindy,  July 20, 2008 at 7:54 PM  

My Dad raised me too and he says things nearly identical to what your dad says! LOL I was a little younger than you when I had my daughter, but I think they are still trying to be over protective of us--and now our children too. With that being said--my dad has a way of driving me nuts pretty quickly too!! LOL

Good luck!

Mindy

Janet,  July 20, 2008 at 8:00 PM  

That would drive me up the wall too! I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. I did have to laugh though, because at the exact time I read the sentence "She just put that WHOLE cheeto in her mouth!", Kade had just shoved a whole cheetoh in his mouth! LOL!

Karen,  July 20, 2008 at 8:37 PM  

Because he's your dad!!! :)

Rita,  July 21, 2008 at 2:56 AM  

FYI! I just nominated you for an award, come to my blog and claim your spoils!

hugs,
Rita

Joanna,  July 21, 2008 at 9:18 AM  

So, I don't get what's wrong with shoving a WHOLE cheeto in your mouth. Isn't that prefered to having just rubbed it into your couch?

My dad, who was very involved with caring for us as babies, and who spoiled us rotten, says crazy things like that too. I quickly revert to my teenage years, roll my eyes, and ignore him.

Fullerton Family,  July 21, 2008 at 10:44 AM  

I think it a dad thing.... my dad does that same thing, he's very protective of my girls, more so, it seems, than when we were little!! But I know it's because he cares about them so much, so I let it go.

Anonymous,  July 21, 2008 at 7:25 PM  

Hey...just jumped over from...uh...I forgot where I was just a min ago...sorry...

Anyway, wanted to let you know that parents are just like that no matter how old you are...or how old your kids are...irritates me too.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP