My scary passed two days.
I'm sorry I haven't let any of you know what's going on with me. Blah..
So Tuesday morning as I was down stairs making my coffee, Cami woke up screaming! I mean a really painful cry! I knew something was wrong so I ran up there as quick as my pregnant bum could and found her holding her neck. I thought nothing of it at first, but when she sat up she kept saying "OW!" "Neck hurts moma!" over and over. I was like *Oh goodness, she has a crick in heck." But she just kept crying and crying and couldn't move her neck! I started getting really worried, thinking it could be meningitis, so I called the nurse at the ped office. They told me to they had an opening in an hour and half. So I thought i'd give her a bath and see if the warm water would help. It seemed to ease the pain a little because she quit holding her neck. She would only say "ow" in a little voice now, when she turned her neck to the right.
We got to the doctor and she, of course, screamed her head off!! I swear they hate us there. LOL! JK, but the dr checked her out and said her lymph node was a little swolen. She asked if she had had a runny nose or anything and I remembered she had a slight runny nose the night before, but not bad by any means. She said it had probably settled into the muscle in her neck and caused a crick. But that it didn't look like meningitis because she could move her neck and didn't have a fever. Thank you Jesus!! I was SO scared and felt terrible for her because, honestly what can you do for that?
That was long.. here is the next day's events.
I noticed that I wasn't feeling the baby move much so I ate lunch , drank a cup of juice, layed down, and pushed on my belly some.. still nothing! I called my OB nurse and she told me to drink a coke as fast as I could get my hands on one then lay down flat, wait 30 minutes and see if I felt any movement. I did that and I felt some really faint kicks. Nothing like I had been feeling. I got up and ate some Raspberry Danish at my grandma's house. (I had been craving that thing since she bought it a week ago) Directly after that, I felt giant kicks and movements!! Ah relief! Apparently she really wanted some sweets. :)
After all of this, I really had to say a quick prayer and just thank the Lord for all the blessings I have. I take it for granted way to often.


8 comments:
Oh, how scary! I hope Cami is feeling better. It's so hard when you know something is worng, but you don't know what, or how bad.
Not feeling the baby move would have freaked me out too. I'm glad you got some raspberry danish out of it.
I am so sorry you guys have had a rough couple of days. I hope things get better for you soon.
Oh Kaycee, I'm so sorry. Those things are so scary. I'm glad that everything is ok though. HUGS to you!
Oh my Kaycee. I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that. I'm really glad everything is ok. HUGS!
Aw i'm sorry about your scary couple days! I'm so glad that Cami is ok and that the baby started moving again!
oh kaycee that must have been so scary i cannot imagine. I'm SO thankful things all ended up okay. NOT FUN for a mommy. Big hugs and all my love to you and Cami and Baby!
Oh wow!! How scary that must have been! I'm glad all is okay now!
There were two times when I was pregnant when Zoey stopped moving in me. The first time FREAKED me out because I was only like, 23 or 24 weeks along, and being a FTM, I had no clue what was going to happen. I was @ the doctor's office and she said something about emergency c/s, and I flipped even more because my DH wasn't with me! Obviously everything went well though!
SO glad everything is fine now Kaycee!!
Post a Comment